Sunday, December 11, 2011

Assault Squad Miniature Showcase







Here is a 5 man assault squad I use regularly. They are not professionally painted. I'm not that talented as a painter. I used a burgundy spray paint as the base-coat for the miniatures. The burgundy helped give the models a darker look.

I used the baal wash over the entire miniature before adding any detail. This helped bring out the detail lines of the miniatures. Then began the detailing of the miniature.

Each miniature typically took me about an hour. I usually would paint them in an assembly line of sorts. start with one color and use that color on each of them, then change colors and start over. Once I was finished with the detail I added badab black wash to the detailed parts of the miniatures (wings, metal, purity seals, joints, etc...).

I hope you guys like my miniatures. Let me know what you think of them. I am always open for advice on how to get better. Jawaballs and his Blood Angels "how to paint" videos helped me improve from where I was.

Thanks Guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment