Monday, December 12, 2011

Sanguinary Guard Miniature Showcase







Hey all!!! Here are sanguinary guard. I take some pride in how well I painted these miniatures. The time I put into them comes to about 2 hours per miniature.

The models were base-coated black. I used shining gold as the first metallic paint on the models. I avoided painting the crevasses as much as possible to make them seem much more dramatic (due to the black base-coat). After the shining gold coat, I applied a burnished gold coat, giving it a much more bright gold color.

Once the burnished gold was applied, I started with the details of the models (angelus boltgun, sword/axe, purity seals, rosarius', etc...).

After completing the detail, I washed the entire model in badab black. I know it may seem I use badab black way to much, but I like the effect of the wash. The badab black tempered the shine of the gold, making it seem aged. The wash also brought out the detail of the other paints as well.

I hope you guys like these miniatures. I take a lot of pride in them and how they look. All of the people I play with thought they were superb. Let me know what you all think!

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, all this stuff looks great. Look forward to watching this blog develop!

    ReplyDelete